Monday, May 23, 2011

Luke's Diner is in Thor?

This was made by someone named Yuri, her blog can be found at: http://lawyerupasshole.tumblr.com
and the direct link is here: http://lawyerupasshole.tumblr.com/post/5132695375 For some reason the direct linking is not available, just copy and paste. It's a scene from Thor, in which, thank you someone else for noticing, they are in Luke's Diner.

I went to Thor last night.

For 20 minutes I was pretty entertained. Then for twenty more minutes I began to wonder if it was going to turn out to be even more boring than Universal Soldier - The Return. Then, Chris Hemsworth took his shirt off, and it was all rainbows and unicorns after that.

About half way through the movie the "earth cast" and Thor walk into Luke's Diner from the Gilmore Girls. I haven't decided if it was the Stars Hollow set, or just the corner, but I will, don't you worry. Unfortunately, whatever part of the set they did use was destroyed by a rendition of the Terminator or by the force of the (SPOILER ALERT) hammer returning to Thor, I can't remember exactly. I was too busy mourning the destruction of Thor's face by a massive punch from the Terminator. So, I think that means there will be no Gilmore Girls movie...unless they rebuild, or work a tornado or hurricane into the story.

Natalie Portman was OK, I'm not sure I buy her as a nerdy physicist, but I imagine most women, Natalie Portman or not, would swoon and giggle in a very similar way if Chris Hemsworth swept them up against his armor to fly her to see a bridge.

Kat Dennings was pretty good too, funny, although not in it all that often.

I'm not a fan of Norse mythology, although I'm also not not a fan, if that makes sense. I was hesitant to see this movie, but it turns out the hesitancy was all for naught. I liked it, I liked the 3D, I understood the plot, they give enough of the mythology to allow you to figure out what's going on and what the stakes are, but the rest is all Thor, the character, and his relationship to everything else, and I enjoyed him as a character. There was no one moment in which he goes from (SPOILER ALERT) war monger to hero, it's almost as if he was that way all along, but having been allowed to thrive in his macho-ism, he just didn't remember anything else...until Natalie Portman, which again, I don't know about that.

I will say I did find myself on the verge of laughter when I thought about the "reality" of the plot line, but you know, it worked. I recommend seeing it in the theater in 3D, otherwise, wait 'til you can watch it at home and can pause it...every time he's shirtless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! i finally watched Thor today and i saw the set and I DEFINITELY thought it was luke's diner! It's crazy how they can change the stars hollow set!

Anonymous said...

I am watching Thor for the first time now and I immediately thought that it had to be Luke's diner! Then I had to Google it just to see if it actually was the same, haha.

Unknown said...

I thought so too! Is it actually the set?