Thursday, January 22, 2009

Adventure 1, 2009

I believe this first post of the year just might be a good one.

On Saturday I learned I had Monday and Tuesday off, which happened to be the days Dan the Man was going to DC. Yes, Washington DC. For the inauguration. Yes, Barack Obama's inauguration.

By Saturday night I had work off Wednesday, a place to stay and a spot in the car that would be going to New York, a little detour to avoid the full flights out of DC.

I left for Fargo Sunday at Noon to see the Wailers (of Bob Marley and the Wailers) at a music festival. My job was to be at my house at 3:00AM, when Dan would come to pick me up for our 4:50 flight. At 2:00AM, Dustin went in the ditch just outside of driveway, going approximately 1 mile per hour...maybe two. By 2:24, we were out of the ditch and finished the drive. I arrived home at 2:50AM, and began packing.

Luckily, Dan didn't arrive until 3:15, leaving me a bit more time. Plus, We were flying standby, and I didn't want to have any checked luggage, so I only brought my backpack which means I didn't have much to pack.

I think this story is so good I have to write the rest tomorrow. Sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am waiting with baited breath....